Monday, September 12, 2011

Silhouette illustration: Proof


Click on the images for larger versions.

This is another step of my silhouette illustration project; I have previously discussed my concepts and style inspirations. To make this proof, I first positioned the plane reference image in Photoshop and drew the smoke cloud, sketching the letters in by hand (using a tablet). Then I took my scanned sketches of Victorian objects and traced them in Photoshop by hand and then auto-traced it in Illustrator. Everything was put into Illustrator as vector images, and I positioned and tweaked all the objects into place and copy was added.

My favorite is the first. The second and third both have outlines around the cloud; the former has the objects in black and the latter has the objects in a larger stroke.

1 comment:

  1. I like the second one, I like the outline around the cloud, and the black inking on the plane.

    ReplyDelete