Sunday, September 11, 2011

Saul Bass project: Concept

For my Design Principles, I was given information and images to create a flyer for MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art in New York. It featured a modern artist named Saul Bass, a graphic artist famous for his film posters and title sequences for films, including Vertigo, Psycho, and Anatomy of a Murder. He also designed logos for United Airlines, Girl Scouts, and AT&T.






Very inspirational! I remember as a kid being interested in the design of the AT&T logo and the Girl Scout logo especially. I guess it occurred to me that someone had designed those logos, but I never thought that they'd be famous and have art featured at museums.

But, here is my concept based on images from Anatomy of a Murder (provided for us), as a practice in layout and grid design.


No comments:

Post a Comment