Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Product illustration: Proof


Previously, I have posted on the inspiration and concept of this design for my product illustration. The above are some thumbnails of images I was playing around with to get the composition down. I liked the first because it is a unique view of the bridge, but it leaves little room for copy and the product isn't featured well. The middle thumbnail (my mom and i wouldn't actually be in the illustration, we were just in the bridge reference photo) was a different view, but I didn't like how the bridge tower placement ended up with the figure. The last one fixes this problem by creating continuity with the figure and towers, and it solves the problem with copy in the first image. So, I took the third and did a mock-up of the illustration.


This shows the overall style I would use in the final version--illustrated except for the product. The final will have more line details and shading/highlights in the illustration; also the left side of the figure will be a continuation of the right. I may also add some bushes just in front of the figure so it doesn't seem like he's floating, and the style of the copy might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment