Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Website design inspiration

Here are some inspirations for a website design. I like websites that are simple and useful--unless you're specifically an artist who wants to show of your designing/programming/illustration skills or projects, I don't usually like complicated websites.

I liked the following designed because they impliment what I think an excellent website should be: clean, simple, and attractive. I also chose websites that featured illustrations, which is something I'd like to include in my website design.

This one is my favorite--a website for DrupalCamp Atlanta, a conference for people associated with Drupal, a content management system (think website design). I like the subtle details of the 'stitched' style and bookmark navigation bar, the illustrated typeface, and how the front page features a larger illustration that has a treeline motif repeated on the inside pages.





The next example is for a software called Iceberg and has an even more simplified page with a single illustration for emphasis.




The final design is a personal website for an artist Adit Shukla. I think the red color is pretty extreme and could be less saturated for a warm, inviting feeling without as much shock value. But, the header illustration and how it leads into the navigation bar is very creative.



2 comments:

  1. I can see why you chose these designs as inspiration. Clean and simple layouts are really good for professional websites and blogs. Layouts like these take away the distraction and amplify the website’s purpose. When it comes to professional websites, company websites, or sales-oriented websites, less is definitely more.

    -- Darryl Tay

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete