Thursday, September 22, 2011

Style inspiration: Elizabeth Traynor

Elizabeth Traynor: wow... just WOW. What gorgeous work! I have always loved scratchboard/woodcut feel drawings, and she is a master. This image is the one that first caught my eye in the Society of Illustrators annual book (52):


If you know me, than you know I also love slugs--I studied them as a Biology undergrad. This is a very common, large slug known as Limax maximus (jokingly refered to as "lazimus maximus" in the title) or the Great grey slug or Leopard slug. It mates in mid-air! So, I love this illustration.

But, she has some other fantastic stuff, especially her animals, which look so dignified and natural-history-esque. In everyday life, you may have also seen her stuff for Arby's.






No comments:

Post a Comment