Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Product illustration: Final


There are several things I had good practice for finishing this project. First was changing the colors of the bag to match the bridge towers by using magic wand to select and use a color mask (the original bag photo was light red and lime green). Second was the vertical cables on the bridge fading into the distance--something I was very puzzled about for a while. I ended up drawing lines with the shape tool and converting them to a mask over a black-to-transparent gradient layer, then copying the layer, offsetting and changing the mask for the second row of cables. Also, something I didn't plan originally was to add the drop shadow to the pieces to give a more paper cut-out feel, giving the illustration more depth.

I'm very proud of this one!

Detail below (click for larger image):


No comments:

Post a Comment