Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Step-by-step instruction: Brief

Client: BadOrigami.com

Project: Step-by-step instruction illustration

Specifications: Create a series of illustrations for as instruction sheet that show how to perform a simple action. Take photographs of the steps to use for reference material. Three to six steps must be shown in three-inch panels with explanatory copy.

Reproduction: The illustrations will be reproduced on a letter-sized piece of paper in CMYK.

Justification: I have enjoyed folding origami since I was eight years old. Periodically, I seek out challenging and complex instructions for new pieces. As with anyone who has ever tried origami, I sometimes come across instructions that are far too complex or confusing. I decided to do this illustration for BadOrigami.com, a site that has it's own (very good!) instructions for folding, and also recipes for their favorite cocktails and party snacks. Instead of doing a serious piece on origami instructions, I decided to do a satirically bad instructional as an advertisement for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment