Friday, October 28, 2011

Color contrast and balance

Here's something I've been kind of dreading... color exercises! It's turned out to not be so bad, I guess because everything looks good to me. It may not be a problem until I get grades back. What am I talking about? I'm red-green colorblind.

This exercise was on color contrast. The words of "contrast" were white and we had to change it to a color that contrasted well with the background color. I mostly used complementary hues with the opposite with the opposite brightness or saturation.


This other exercise was to incorporate balance into the design. The left large box was a color and we had to balance it by changing the smaller boxes on the right side. First I tried monochromatic schemes, and then I also tried to just change the hue while keeping the same saturation and brightness. However, sometimes that doesn't work... this one took a lot of fiddling around. I will probably look at this tomorrow and want to change something!


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you would get more contrast when you mix colors that are blue based against colors that are yellow based?

    ReplyDelete