Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wine label illustration brief


Client: Softpaws Winery (fictional)

Project: Wine label illustration

Specifications: Create an illustrated wine bottle label and attach it to an existing wine bottle. The illustration must feature hand-generated type for all major typographic elements (fine print can be typeset). It must also feature the name of the vineyard/winery, type of wine, year of vintage, and fine print.

Reproduction: Create an illustrated wine bottle label and attach it to an existing wine bottle. To use in a portfolio, photograph the bottle with the label or digitally apply the label to a photograph of a bottle.

Justification: I made up a winery because the existing ones I liked had really cool illustrations already. I chose "Softpaws" because I was inspired by the movie Puss in Boots and I like fun wine labels with interesting animals. Plus, it's been shows that wines with animals on the label sell more!

No comments:

Post a Comment