Monday, August 29, 2011

Silhouette illustration: Inspiration

In researching different silhouette styles, I came across the work of Sarah Coleman. I really like the intricate pieces of the little drawings that form a larger picture. So, I think I will emulate this style in my piece.


Here are some more examples of festival posters that use the silhouette style I am interested in. I like this style because from far away, you can see a shape or word, but you can also tell that there is something more going on in the illustration. Thus, the style forces you to lean closer and examine the image in more detail; it makes you examine the flyer for an extended period of time. This makes the poster effective in capturing the viewers attention.

CMA Music Festival 2010, by Alex Pearson


Cornwall Film Festival 2009 poster, by Matt Hocking and Darren Whittington

No comments:

Post a Comment