Monday, November 28, 2011

Biography book cover concept

Here is the composition of the cover, which I pieced together with some photos. It looks scary right now but it will be better, I promise! I used one photo for her dress/sitting position, and other for her face (I liked the positioning better). Then I found a more sophisticated chair for her to sit in, since the original was not as much her style. The french arm chair I found was fantastic--just a picture off Google, which is unfortunate because it's such a great chair I wish I could take my own picture of it. It would have been awesome to keep the photograph of the chair and add her as an illustration, but (1) I don't have permission for the photo and (2) the edges aren't big enough for a bleed on the cover.

The font is pretty awesome, but I'm blanking on the name right now (I'll find out). Click image to embiggen.


No comments:

Post a Comment