Monday, November 7, 2011

Architecture illustration concepts

Here are two concepts for the poster of Foellinger Auditorium. The building is very symmetrical (neo-classical style, I think), so I wanted to emphasis this elegance in the poster. The first concept shows only one half of the building and allows for greater attention to the details, and has good assymetrical balance overall--which I think is typically more interesting as far as compositions go. The second concept I also like because it shows the quad (large, open lawn with diagonal sidewalks) where the building is located. This gives it a very regal appearance, akin to the White House. But, there would be less details--something that might be hard considering I want to do this in a woodcut or scratchboard style.



No comments:

Post a Comment