Thursday, December 1, 2011

Interesting tools for colorblindness

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be colorblind? Do you wonder what your website looks like to someone with colorblindness?

Here is a website that will let you know: Colorblind Filter

Just put in a website and you can view it like someone who is colorblind (my own colorblindness is most similar to the 'anomalous red cone' filter). Some websites, like those with flash applications, don't work.

I occasionally try tests to help myself learn to compensate for my colorblindness--although it is a biological and inherited trait that has no 'cure' or 'fix,' I think that to a certain degree, familiarity with color can help anyone with color recognition and discrimination.

I found this website today, a Hue Test that will tell you what hues (colors) you have trouble discerning.

Take the simple test yourself, before you look at my results below (I don't want to give it away).

Take the Hue Test here. (Takes about 3-5 minutes)

Here are my results below...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


(Click to see bigger images)
Were your results better?

No comments:

Post a Comment